«

»

Fire, Smoke Damages Eugene House

fireEUGENE, Ore. — The American Red Cross is helping some Eugene residents who were forced out of their home by a house fire Tuesday.

The fire happened just before 1 p.m. on West 18th Avenue near South Bertelsen.

Firefighters say it started in the bathroom and spread to the hallway.

While the fire was contained, there was extensive smoke damage throughout the house.

West 18th was blocked for a short period as crews worked to put of the flames.

No estimates on how much it will cost homeowners at this time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


7 − 1 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>