«

»

Fireworks Cause House Fire

EUGENE, Ore. — The Eugene Fire Department says fireworks caused a home on Lakeview Drive to go up in flames last Friday.

The amount of damage is estimated at $850,000.

The homeowner says investigators found fireworks underneath the trees where the fire started. He says it’s been very hard to see his belongings go up in smoke at what, he says, was the carelessness of another.

“It would be wonderful if we could get people, the whole Eugene to just take a tour through the devastation what one firework can do, you know. I think it would really help people to next time be more careful,” said homeowner Tony Chavez.

He’s even urging the city to ban fireworks in Eugene.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


7 − 3 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>