«

»

Garage Fire Causes $50,000 in Damage

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. — A fire ignited Sunday night at a home on the 12 hundred block of D Street.

Investigators say a man was welding on his neighbors Volkswagen Beetle in his garage when the fire started. The man crawled out unharmed before the blaze engulfed the car and garage.

Four blocks were closed surrounding the house as fire crews worked to contain the fire.

The fire was stopped before spreading to the man’s home; however, it caused $50,000 in damage to the car and garage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


4 + = 10

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>