Jerry’s Home Improvement in Eugene has some simple tips to winterize your home, making it more energy efficient.
“If you have a properly sealed window or properly sealed door with weather stripping or caulking or spray foam, that keeps the temperature from escaping so much so your furnace or air conditioning is not working as hard,” said Drew Clark, Jerry’s Home Improvement Manager.
Here are some more weatherization tips:
- Get a programmable thermostat
- Reverse the spin on your ceiling fan so it sends warm air down
- Move furniture away from vents and heaters
- Open your drapes during the day so the sun heats your house and close them at night
- Change your furnace filter