«

»

Grant Acord Accepts Plea Deal

Grant AcordCORVALLIS, Ore. — The teen accused of plotting to blow up West Albany High School agreed to a plea deal Monday afternoon.

Grant Acord, 17, admitted to eight counts: six counts of the unlawful manufacture of a destructive device and two counts of an unlawful use of a weapon. He is now in custody of the Oregon Youth Authority until he turns 25, a treatment program for youth offenders.

Court documents reveal that Acord was arrested last year after one of his friends told his mother, Leslie Templeton, about Acord’s plans to bomb the school.

On Monday, several dozen people filled the courtroom to watch Acord admit to the charges.

In the audience was Templeton.

“I feel Relief, but sadness,” she said. “It’s really tragic. It’s tragic for Grant; it’s tragic for everyone. But I’m relieved. But it’s still really sad I think.”

In the courtroom, both Benton County District Attorney John Haroldson and Acord’s attorney, Jennifer Nash, said they believed treatment at the Oregon Youth Authority was the best solution.

Grant faced eleven other counts that were dismissed, including one count of attempted aggravated murder, four counts of the unlawful use of a weapon, and six counts of the unlawful possession of a destructive device.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


5 × 7 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>