Grenade Found on Sidewalk in Sweet Home

[UPDATE] 3:20 p.m.: Police took Foss into protective custody on a Police Officer Mental Hold. He was taken to Lebanon Community Hospital. The incident remains under investigation.

[UPDATE] 12:20 p.m.:  Sweet Home Police responded to a house on Holley Road around 7:40 a.m. Monday where a man says his neighbor, Adam Foss, got into his vehicle that was parked at his home and refused to leave. He told the officer to give him a warning but make sure Foss went back to his own house.

While watching the Foss go back home, the officer found a grenade along the curb and sidewalk near the front of Foss’ home. He called more officers and ODOT blocked the nearby streets while police investigated. They determined the grenade was inert, and they reopened the streets at about 10:30 a.m.

Foss told police he found the grenade while cleaning his house Sunday and put it near the street Monday morning.

SWEET HOME, Ore. — Highway 228 was closed in Sweet Home Monday morning after a resident found a grenade on the sidewalk.

Sweet Home Police were dispatched at about 8:15 a.m. when the resident called police after finding the grenade on the sidewalk near First Avenue and Highway 228.

ODOT closed the highway and set up a detour while Oregon State Police Bomb Disposal responded. The bomb squad contained the grenade at 10:20 a.m., Sweet Home Police said, and determined there was no longer a threat.

ODOT reopened the highway shortly after.

1 comment

No ping yet

  1. Shannon says:

    As a participant of the Rose City Paranormal Conference in Portland back in … not sure … 2005 or 2006, we went out with a “bang” so to speak. At the end of the conference, as a vendor was starting to shut down her station, she came across a hand grenade that was hidden in some decorations in the conference room! Within minutes, the conference room (and I believe the hotel as well) was cleared and the police was dispatched. It was soon realized, however, that the conference room had been used by a group that was hosting a mystery dinner the night before the conference started, and the grenade, though it was real, was a deactivated prop that had been accidentally left behind. This story reminded me of that experience lol If you want details, contact Catherine through Trails End Paranormal Society of Oregon’s website. I’m not sure if there was an article about it in the Oregonian or not, but it was sure an interesting experience!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

4 + = 11

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>