«

»

Heat Lamp Leads to Structure Fire

Idaho-St-Fire-Ashland-250x250ASHLAND, Ore. — Ashland Fire Department says their new engines responded to their first call on Sunday morning at a fire on Idaho Street.

At around 7:39 a.m., firefighters responded to a home full of smoke on Idaho Street . Ashland Fire reports a heat lamp apparently fell from a pet lizard’s cage and lit the living room floor on fire. No one was home at the time of the fire.

“We’re lucky that the neighbor came over to check on the cats, because if this had gone much longer, we could have had lost more of the home,” said Dana Sallee, Battalion Chief and incident commander on the fire stated in a press release.

This fire was also the first call where Ashland’s new fire engines pumped water to an active fire. The second of two new engines was put into service just two days ago and was the first engine on scene of the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


× 8 = 72

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>