«

»

Laptop Battery Causes Apartment Fire

CORVALLIS, Ore. — A laptop battery is likely to blame for an apartment fire in Corvallis Wednesday morning.

Fire crews responded to the 1800 block of Southwest 49th Street, when one of the tenants saw smoke coming out of a bedroom.

Investigators say the laptop likely had battery failure when it fell onto the floor and started the fire.

Crews say this is a good reminder for people to closely monitor electronics. If the unit tends to run hot, get it checked out.

Photo courtesy of Corvallis Fire Department.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


× 1 = 7

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>