«

»

Mattress Causes Building Fire

EUGENE, Ore. — Fire crews responded to a small building fire Friday afternoon to find an unusual cause for the flames.

“There was a mattress that was on fire. He put it out, went out, and came back in to find that it was still burning and had extended to the structure. At that point he couldn’t see in the building any longer. So to reiterate, if your house is on fire, go out and please stay out,” said Lance Lighty, Eugene Fire Battalion Chief.

The building was on the 1500 block of Barger Drive.

Responders treated the victim for smoke inhalation, but he wasn’t injured.

The building, which is not a home and doesn’t have windows, is a total loss.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


6 × 1 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>