«

»

Propane Leak Sends One to Hospital

VENETA, Ore. — One person was sent to the hospital due to a gas leak in a trailer on Friday evening.

It happened at Fern Ridge Shores RV Park.

Lane County crews responded to reports of a propane leak just before 8 p.m. Neighbors reported a strong smell of propane and immediately shut off the tank.

Crews rescued one person out of a trailer.

“We did not get an answer at the door. We had some voice contact with the occupant inside and went in and performed a rescue on someone who was probably overcome by the propane fumes,” said Lt. Tress Miller of the Lane County Fire District.

Paramedics took the victim to Sacred Heart’s University District Hospital.¬†There is no word on that patient’s condition.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


3 + = 5

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>