Gas Leak at Lane Community College

EUGENE, Ore. — Hundreds of students and staff at Lane Community College were forced to evacuate a building on campus because of a gas leak Friday morning. Classes were cancelled in the math and science building 16. Stanley Brewer was one of the first to notice the leak. “The smell is kind of overwhelming,” Brewer … Continue reading »

Natural Gas Leak in Cottage Grove

COTTAGE GROVE, Ore . — Some people in Cottage Grove were forced out of their homes Friday morning because of a natural gas leak. It happened in the intersection of Third Street and Monroe Avenue just before 10:30 a.m. South Lane County Fire and Rescue officials say a construction crew dug up a large natural … Continue reading »

Road Work Causes Gas Leak

UPDATE 7 P.M.: Traffic has been reopened to the intersection.   EUGENE, Ore. — A gas leak forced crews to shut down a two-block radius of south Eugene on Friday afternoon. Officials say crews working on road repairs at Jefferson and 18th Avenue hit a gas line. Traffic was detoured while the leak was fixed. … Continue reading »

Stolen Car Crashes into Homes and Yards

EUGENE, Ore. — Eugene Police responded to a car accident that damaged three homes, fences and a natural gas line. Eugene Police said a 1999 Lexus, stolen from Springfield, was driving south down Echo Hollow Road at high speeds when it crossed Royal Avenue, through a driveway, fences, a pasture and eventually stopped on Nebraska … Continue reading »

Contractor Damages Gas Line

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. — Contractors in Springfield accidentally┬áruptured a gas line late Wednesday morning. A worker digging near 47th and Main Street damaged a pipe. NW Natural crews responded quickly and repaired the pipe. The gas company says this is a perfect example of why contractors should dial 8-1-1 before digging projects to avoid future gas … Continue reading »

Construction Crew Causes Gas Leak

EUGENE, Ore. — A construction crew hit a natural gas line in west Eugene, Tuesday morning, and forced people to stay in their homes for more than two hours. Eugene Fire and NW Natural Gas crews responded to Shirley Street, where construction crews completely severed a major gas line in the neighborhood. “A residential line … Continue reading »

Propane Leak Sends One to Hospital

VENETA, Ore. — One person was sent to the hospital due to a gas leak in a trailer on Friday evening. It happened at Fern Ridge Shores RV Park. Lane County crews responded to reports of a propane leak just before 8 p.m.┬áNeighbors reported a strong smell of propane and immediately shut off the tank. … Continue reading »