Douglas Complex Expenses

GLENDALE, Ore. — Statistics show the Douglas Complex is costing more than $1.5 million a day, and already more than $12 million has been spent. On August 27, FEMA eligibility came through, which means FEMA will foot 75 percent of the bill. The other 25 percent will be paid for by the Douglas Forest Protection … Continue reading »

Lane County Firefighters Return Home

EUGENE, Ore. — Officials say the threat to homes has gone down and some crews who were responsible for protecting structures returned home. Right around noon on Sunday, six Lane County fire crews returned from southern Oregon. They left home last Saturday to help battle the Douglas Complex wildfires. After some debriefing at the Goshen Fire … Continue reading »

Governor Kitzhaber Tours Douglas Complex

GLENDALE, Ore. — Governor John Kitzhaber and other Oregon leaders toured the Douglas Complex instant command center Saturday to get a first hand look at the fire.  The governor went room to room checking in with crews as they met to discuss the nearly 33,000 acre wildfire. “We are fully deployed all the resources that … Continue reading »

Crews Contain Two-Acre Fire in Florence

FLORENCE, Ore. — Firefighters responded to a two-acre fire on the South Jetty, Tuesday night. Around 10 p.m., firefighters from the Siuslaw Valley Rural Fire Department, Siuslaw National Forest, and the Oregon Department of Forestry responded to a fire reported on the jetty near the sand dunes. The fire was burning in the brush and grasses. Fire … Continue reading »

Glendale Food Services Cancelled

GLENDALE, Ore. – The Douglas County Health and Social Services announced it will temporarily close of the Glendale Senior Services Dining Site Thursday. The dining site located at Special People’s Depot, 176 Glendale Town Rd, will be closed Thursday and Friday due to the low air quality from the Douglas Complex wildfires’ smoke. Individuals regularly … Continue reading »

Oregon Wildfire Update

Thirteen large wildfires continue to burn in Douglas and Josephine counties. More than 3,000 fire personnel are working to fight the fires that are continuing to grow. Douglas Complex The Douglas Complex fires continue to burn in Douglas and Josephine counties. The fire is made up of four branches: the Milo fire, Rabbit Mountain fire, … Continue reading »

Local Firefighters Fight Douglas Complex

EUGENE, Ore. — A team of Eugene firefighters is battling the Douglas Complex fires. About 60 firefighters from Eugene and surrounding areas are fighting the fires. They’re primarily working the night shift. They’re called hand teams, which means they focus on reducing fuels around the fire. James Jurasevich with Dust Buster Plus returned Tuesday from … Continue reading »

Oregon Wildfire Update

Firefighters continue to battle growing wildfires in Oregon. Governor Kitzhaber has declared a state of emergency for Josephine and Douglas counties. Here’s a rundown of the latest fires. In Douglas County, the Douglas Complex fires continues to burn near Glendale. The fire has burned 21,000 acres and was 2 percent contained Tuesday morning. The fires … Continue reading »

Oregon Wildfire Funding Increased

EUGENE, Ore. — Despite the active start to this year’s wildfire season, it could be much worse. Last month, state lawmakers passed the Wildfire Protection Act. With that approval comes an additional $1.8 million for the Oregon Department of Forestry, which has already paid dividends in the early part of the fire season. The money–at … Continue reading »

Juvenile Charged in Bend Brush Fire

BEND, Ore. – Bend Police charged a juvenile for setting a fire in a local park two weeks ago. On Friday, July 19, Bend Police and fire crews responded to a brush fire across from Farewell Bend Park. Police say witnesses saw four juvenile males fleeing from the area as the fire started. Officers say … Continue reading »

Older posts «

» Newer posts