CORVALLIS, Ore. -- The Willamette Valley Cancer Institute's newest location is now open, bringing their care and access to clinical trials to patients in Corvallis.
The clinic opened its doors in August 2017, giving local patients more options closer to home.
It's located inside of The Corvallis Clinic, off of NW Elks Drive. There are six exam rooms and an infusion area with nine chairs, where patients can receive chemotherapy and other treatments.
Dr. Keith Wells is one of two primary physicians there.
"It's great to have new patients and be able to take care of them here, a lot of them live in this area," Dr. Wells said.
He said because of WVCI's affiliation with the US Oncology Network, patients there have access to clinical trials.
"Some of which are available to patients with new diagnoses," said Dr. Wells. He said this is a hopeful time for cancer patients, because of the number of drugs and treatments available.
"Every week I get emails and new notifications that new drugs are approved by the FDA. We can use those drugs for our patients as soon as they become available," said Dr. Wells.
Cancer patients in Corvallis can also access additional support through Project H.E.R., which stands for Help Enlightenment and Resources.
Cath Kendrick is a two-time breast cancer survivor and is now a mentor with the program.
"I feel it's a great privilege to be allowed in, at a time when you're terrified, and you need someone to listen and someone who's been there and knows what you're going through," said Kendrick.
It's funded through the Corvallis Clinic Foundation and is available to all cancer patients in Benton, Linn and Lincoln Counties. They connect patients with financial and emotional resources through treatment and survivor-ship.
Patients can schedule appointments at the Corvallis Clinic, click here for more information.
- New clinic gives cancer patients in Corvallis more options
- Breast cancer helpline gives patients, survivors support
- New treatment approved for breast cancer patients
- New innovation in breast reconstruction helps cancer patients heal
- Employees at Corvallis business benefiting from OregonSaves
- Cancer Support Resources
- Researchers develop targeted breast cancer therapy
- Healthcare workers walk for breast cancer awareness
- Donations help women in need with breast cancer treatment
- More Than Pink campaign aims to eliminate breast cancer deaths