EUGENE, Ore. -- Goodwill offers clothes that can be used for Halloween costumes. According to Goodwill, millions of people shop at their stores to create costumes.
"We have some costumes that are full costumes, they're on the racks. Everything is there that you need. But if you want to put your costume together from some of the regular items we have, you could grab something like a wedding dress and put blood on it and be the bride of Frankenstein or grab a prom dress and be a Disney princess," said Libby Steffen-Schafermeyer with Goodwill.
Not only do you save money, but 90% of every dollar spent goes to the mission. All Halloween items are 50% off. Goodwill also carries packaged costumes, masks, make-up and other accessories.
Goodwill's website features a costume generator. Pair items together and the website will generate costumes you could make out of the pairings. It shows you how to turn a black dress into an English nanny, or maybe a Vampire Queen. You can also find outfit suggestions for kids, adults and even groups.
- Go green while saving on your Halloween costume
- OSU's blue pigment has energy saving properties
- Consumer Reports: Save on high-priced prescriptions
- In the Garden: Space saving fruit trees
- Firebusters: Safety helmets can save lives
- Eugene doctor says self breast-exam may have saved sister's life
- Weight of Survival: Springfield man helps save teen in Las Vegas shooting