EUGENE, Ore. -- The last few diesel school buses in Eugene School District 4J are hitting the road.
Parked in their place are 13 new “green” buses with lower emissions, better fuel efficiency and new safety features.
Director of Transportation Chris Ellison said these are the cleanest vehicles the district has ever had.
“These new buses are not your father’s diesel,” Ellison said. “You know, belching the black smoke out of the tail pipes. You’re not gonna see anything come out of the back and they are super clean, so we’re ecstatic.
The district is the first program in Oregon to receive buses like these.
- 4J buses getting a 'green' makeover
- Go green while saving on your Halloween costume
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Corvallis painting company goes 'green'
- Holt Elementary excited about Oregon Green Schools certification
- Volunteers helping keep Benton County Fair & Rodeo green
- In the Garden: Adding a splash of green with Monsteras