EUGENE, Ore. -- If you want to enjoy a waste-free holiday, BRING Recycling is putting on an event for Buy Nothing Day on Black Friday.
The idea is to help people save money, beat the crowds and do something good for the environment.
The event is happening from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Planet Improvement Center in Glenwood.
You can pick from a large selection of items in the parking lot. It’s all free, and it’s first come, first served.
Buy Nothing Day is part of an international movement to offer an alternative to the high-consumption, high-waste focus of Black Friday.
- BRING Recycling putting on Buy Nothing Day event on Black Friday
- Junction City students win BRING Recycling challenge
- Oregon recycling group puts spotlight on industry challenges
- Lane County Waste Management puts out new recycling guide
- Mountain Rose Herbs hosting recycling event in Eugene
- Put old or broken holiday lights to good use by recycling them
- Hummingbird Wholesale makes recycling easy
- How to recycle your Christmas tree
- Company helps businesses recycle 50 percent more
- Marion County scales back curbside recycling