COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- Cottage Grove is celebrating a big honor this weekend. They’re marking their 25th year as a Tree City USA.
Residents can help plant trees and set a commemorative plaque in Coiner Park during the event on Saturday, which is part of Cottage Grove’s Earth Day celebration.
Master Gardeners will be on hand to explain how to plant and maintain trees. They’ll also be kicking off a citywide street tree inventory project.
Activities begin at 8 a.m. at Coiner Park. There’ll be a nature walk, “trashion” show preview and more. The mayor will be presented with the Tree City USA award at 3 p.m.
- Cottage Grove celebrating 25 years as a Tree City USA
- Cottage Grove grad crushing it at Delta Sand and Gravel
- How to Safely Secure Your Christmas Tree
- How to recycle your Christmas tree
- In the Garden: Space saving fruit trees
- In The Garden: Perfect trees for patios
- Eugene to plant 2,021 trees for world track and field championships
- Special Report: Heroin in the City
- Junction City students win BRING Recycling challenge
- In The Garden: 2018 plants of the year