EUGENE, Ore. -- Last-minute preparations are underway at the Hult Center for Eugene's premiere of Disney's "The Lion King," the winner of six Tony Awards.
The North American Touring productions of "The Lion King" have been seen by more than 20 million theatergoers, and Wednesday the production opens for a two-week engagement.
Two of the performers visited the KEZI 9 News studio for a live interview on KEZI 9 News Midday at 11 a.m.
Ben Lipitz, who plays Pumbaa, has been on tour with "The Lion King" for 16 years. Lipitz and Chante Carmel, who plays Sarabi, told KEZI 9 News more about the production and what audiences can expect.
"The Lion King" won six 1998 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Scenic Design, Best Costume Design, Best Lighting Design, Best Choreography and Best Direction of a Musical. It has also won 70 major arts awards.
Tickets are available at the Hult Center box office, BroadwayInEugene.com, or by phone at 541-682-5000.
- Disney's 'The Lion King' arrives in Eugene
- Burger King takes on bullying with ad
- Eugene couple helps spread the holiday cheer
- Free document shredding event held in Eugene
- Dogs can take part in Eugene Race for the Cure
- Eugene parks and natural areas are salmon-safe certified
- Skilled to Work: Eugene company needs to fill positions
- Love Food Not Waste teaches kids waste prevention in Eugene
- Special Report: Eugene woman helps others after daughter's suicide
- Annual Operation: Food Rescue event held in Eugene