Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene couple has been spreading the spirit of giving for 20 years.
"I just wanted every child to be able to enjoy the holidays and know that some didn't bother me," said Chris Ferguson.
Chris and Debby Ferguson have helped local students go holiday shopping every year with the support of the community.
"The community here and friends and family have been amazing," said Debby.
Among the items donated are blankets, games, and household goods.
"As you can see, the contributions are so generous," she added.
Chris said he does to spread the holiday cheer.
"I want their eyes to light and go 'and this is for me'."
The Fergusons said the kids don't just think of themselves. They think of their families too.
"They come in from their classroom with their list of everyone in their family to get one item for everybody," Chris said.
"I've seen them really think about what they want to get their little sister or father or their mother. It's really good to see that," added Debby.
- Eugene couple helps spread the holiday cheer
- Special Report: Eugene woman helps others after daughter's suicide
- Guide to a waste-free holiday
- Weight of Survival: Springfield couple carries survivor's guilt after shooting
- Weight of Survival: Springfield couple reunites with Nevada teen
- Disney's 'The Lion King' arrives in Eugene
- Free document shredding event held in Eugene
- Curbside compost program rolling out in Eugene
- Eugene opens tree planting season early
- Consumer Reports: Beware of online holiday shopping scams