NEWPORT, Ore. -- The first BottleDrop recycling center on the Oregon Coast is now open in Newport.
You can get 10 cents per container at the new location on Olive Street.
Customers get an account and pre-labeled bags. You get credit on a card that you can cash at store kiosks.
The new center is open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Eugene has a BottleDrop center on West Broadway, and Springfield has one on Olympic Street.
- First BottleDrop on Oregon Coast opens in Newport
- Oregon Connections Academy students explore CTE opportunities
- Oregon bottle redemption rate reaches 90 percent
- Komen Oregon CEO encourages Race for the Cure fundraising
- Race for the Cure fundraising goes back into Oregon community
- Oregon State joins the fight against breast cancer
- Police crack down on dangerous drug in Oregon
- Oregon recycling group puts spotlight on industry challenges
- Oregon Country Fair takes steps to help environment
- In The Garden: Tropical plants can thrive in western Oregon