EUGENE, Ore. -- Just like fashion and technology, there are trends in gardening. Some of the big trends for 2018 include house plants, meditation gardens and water features.
Caleb Johnson, owner of Johnson Brothers Garden Market, says gardening trends in 2018 are fun.
"The first one is gardening for wellness and gardening for meditation -- so creating a space in the garden where you can rest and relax and just be at peace," Johnson said.
House plants are another huge trend this year, especially air plants. The low-light loving plants can brighten up any room, even the bathroom.
Water features can bring a Zen-like ambiance both indoors and outdoors. For busy gardeners, Johnson says keep it simple with low-maintenance shrubs.
"We've got a re-blooming dwarf lilac and many other easy-to-grow low-maintenance plants that'll be extremely popular for your garden this year," Johnson added.
Rock gardens are a growing trend in 2018. Instead of bark, consider using decorative rock. Johnson says it will give your landscape a different look and feel.
Watch KEZI 9 News every Thursday at 6 p.m. for 'In the Garden' gardening tips.
Johnson Brothers Garden Market is located at 91444 Coburg Road in Eugene.
- In The Garden: 2018 gardening trends
- In The Garden: "Drink Up Your Garden"
- In the Garden: Gardening on a budget
- In The Garden: Tips to get your garden ready
- In The Garden: Filberts 101
- In The Garden: Plant detective
- In The Garden: 2018 plants of the year
- In The Garden: Big, bold plants for 2018
- In The Garden: Pruning blueberry bushes
- In The Garden: Winterize your lawn