EUGENE, Ore -- The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art is inviting families to its "Exploring Art Through the Senses" family day.
Family day is free and will be filled with art activities for children of all ages and each activity will highlight one of the five senses. Art making activities include watercolor painting and making textured maps, tissue paper sun catchers, and pop-up cards. The Imagination International's Artie the Art Bus will also be on site for families to create additional art projects.
"Exploring Art Through the Senses" is Saturday, May 19, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
The schedule of events is as follows:
12 p.m – 3 p.m.
Tissue paper sun catchers
Pop up cards
Creating texture with Copic Markers on Artie the Art Bus
12:30 p.m. - 12:50 p.m. Story Time with Cynthia Olsen, Eugene Public Library
1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Dragon Puppet Theater performs The Tiger and the Monk
1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Museum Highlights Tour
2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m. Ballet Fantastique performs Fantastical Fairy Tales
Debbie Williamson Smith, JSMA Communications Manager, joined anchor Sean Cuellar on KEZI 9 News Midday with a preview of some of the art activities.
- JSMA hosts free family day
- Guide to a waste-free holiday
- EPD promotes free car seat clinic
- How to fix your cherished items for free
- Lane County plans free plastics roundup for spring
- Free composting workshop set for Saturday in Eugene
- Consumer Reports: Safety questions to ask your Airbnb host
- Mountain Rose Herbs hosting recycling event in Eugene
- Family seeks tips to find missing father
- Free Bikes 4 Kidz plans donation drive in Eugene and Springfield