EUGENE, Ore. -- A Sheet mulching workshop is happening in Eugene this weekend.
The City's Park and Open Space Division is hosting the event at Matthews Community Garden this Sunday, November 5, 2017.
The workshop is a great way to learn how to make your very own garden using recycled materials. You will learn how to make your own soil with things like cardboard, vegetable scraps and other compostable items.
The event starts at 10 a.m. and runs until 1 p.m. Organizers said they'll run the workshop rain or shine, so be prepared to get dirty.
- Learn to make your own garden during mulching workshop
- Free workshop on 'lasagna' gardening set for Saturday
- In The Garden: "Drink Up Your Garden"
- In the Garden: Gardening on a budget
- In The Garden: 2018 gardening trends
- In The Garden: Creating a Mediterranean garden
- In The Garden: Japanese-Themed Garden
- In The Garden: From garden to table
- In The Garden: Hydrangeas
- Composting workshops coming up in Santa Clara