PORTUGAL – Chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer can be devastating, but scientists may have found a surprising cure for its side effects.
Some side effects like nausea can be treated with medications, but others like pain, depression and exhaustion are more difficult to treat.
Now, scientists in Portugal have found that exercise might help. They gave women undergoing chemo a personalized workout including aerobic exercise and strength training.
Afterward, the study found women had significantly better energy levels, less pain and better emotional states. They were also more physically fit.
- Study: Exercise may help with chemotherapy side effects
- Ask The Banker: Shutdown having little effect on banking industry
- Study: parents shouldn't provide teens with alcohol
- Study suggests women should take cancer-fighting drugs longer
- New study finds shocking results about teens and sexting
- Study: teens who vape more likely to smoke cigarettes within year