Singer and songwriter Charlie Puth is known for his chart-topping hits, but what fans might not know is that he has a penchant for late-night online shopping and an irrational fear of crowds.
CNN caught up with the "How Long" singer for a round of rapid-fire questions, moments before he took the stage at New York City's Conrad New York Hotel on Wednesday night.
Favorite food: Margherita pizza
Dream collab: Bruce Springsteen
Fear: Crowds. "I can't be in a crowd and watch a show but I can play to a crowd. It's a bit of a juxtaposition."
Bucket list vacation: Hong Kong
First kiss: "I broke the mold early. I was 13 and watching some sort of beach talent show and a girl wrapped a scarf around my head and gave me a peck."
Movie night go-to: "Naked Gun"
Strangest habit: "I like to surprise myself with gifts purchased online. Sometimes I'll be shopping at the wee hours of the morning and I won't remember what I bought and a week later a bunch of stuff shows up and I'm very excited."
Words to live by: "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time."
If you weren't a singer: Interior design
Relationship goals: If she makes me laugh that would be pretty cool.
Current tunes: Kanye West's "Late Registration"
First thing in the morning: "I reach for my phone and tell myself not to look at it and put on some music I'm not familiar with like Latin jazz."
Can't live without: My family.
- 13 questions with singer Charlie Puth
- Charlie Munger Fast Facts
- Charlie Sheen Fast Facts
- Singer Ed Sheeran is engaged
- Stock market got you confused? 13 of your questions, answered
- Scott Hutchison: Frightened Rabbit singer's body identified
- Singer Trey Songz sued for alleged assault
- Singer Chris Brown arrested in Florida
- Jefferson Airplane singer dies at 76
- 13 datos curiosos sobre el viernes 13