Before he was sentenced to 40 to 125 years in prison on Monday, Larry Nassar apologized to the court.
"The visions of your testimonies will forever be present in my thoughts," the 54-year-old disgraced former doctor said about the victim impact statements. The statements ended a remarkable three weeks of court hearings that dramatically personalized the pain and suffering the he caused for years.
The sentence in Eaton County court is the third sentence in three months for Nassar, the once-renowned doctor for USA Gymnastics and Michigan State University who sexually abused young girls for more than two decades.
Here is his full, brief statement:
"The words expressed by everyone that has spoken, including the parents, have impacted me to the...to my innermost core.
With that being said, I understand and acknowledge that it pales in comparison to the pain, trauma and emotions that you all are feeling.
It's impossible to convey the depth and breadth of how sorry I am to each and everyone involved.
The visions of your testimonies will forever be present in my thoughts."
- The 73 words Larry Nassar spoke before he was sentenced to a lifetime in prison
- Read prosecutor's statement at Larry Nassar sentencing
- Larry Nassar's abuse victims, in their own words
- Larry Nassar transferred to federal prison in Arizona
- Larry Nassar sentenced to up to 175 years in prison for decades of sexual abuse
- This is Larry Nassar's full statement before he was sentenced
- They helped serve justice to Larry Nassar
- Police arrest Larry Nassar's former boss
- Trainer who worked with Larry Nassar arrested
- Las 73 palabras que Larry Nassar dijo antes de ser condenado a pasar el resto de su vida en prisión