The tech-loving characters on "The Big Bang Theory" are about to find themselves severely star-struck.
The comedy series has booked Microsoft founder Bill Gates to guest star as himself in an upcoming episode, CBS and Warner Bros. tell CNN.
In the episode, Penny (Kaley Cuoco) will find herself hosting Gates at work, and her friends go to great lengths in their effort to meet the billionaire innovator.
The episode is set to air in late March.
"The Big Bang Theory" frequently recruits figures from the science, tech, engineering and math fields to appear as guest stars. Some have included astronaut Buzz Aldrin, Stephen Hawking, Telsa founder Elon Musk and Apple's Steve Wozniak.
This, meanwhile, is not the first sitcom-guest role for Gates. He previously appeared as himself on "Frasier" in a 2001 episode.
"The Big Bang Theory" returns with new episodes March 1st at 8 p.m.
- Bill Gates to guest star on 'The Big Bang Theory'
- 'Big Bang Theory' ending after 12 seasons
- Next season of 'Big Bang Theory' will be its last
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons on Roseanne Barr tweet: 'How did you type that?'
- 'The Big Bang Theory' finds right equation for Sheldon, Amy's big day
- Bill Gates Fast Facts
- La serie 'The Big Bang Theory' llegará a su fin con la próxima temporada en 2019
- Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco weigh in on end of 'Big Bang Theory'
- Black holes, galactic fountains and a Big Bang star: This week in space
- Bill Gates flunks Ellen's grocery shopping challenge