Monks and hot sauce is not something that you normally pair together, but a monk in Subiaco is known for making his popular Monk Sauce.
Father Richard's hot sauce is made with habanero peppers grown at the monastery.
"I have a room in the monastery that has really nice southern windows and I use it to plant the peppers," he said.
While he records how spicy his Monk Sauce is, his brother has spent the past 50 years recording temperatures as a weather watcher for the National Weather Service.
- Monks & Hot Sauce: Subiaco Monk Known For Making Popular Hot Sauce
- Leopard kills meditating monk in India
- Sex tips ... from a Buddhist monk?
- Portland food cart owner who sprayed woman with hot sauce to pay $1000
- High-ranking Buddhist monk accused of sexual abuse in China
- Thai former 'jet set monk' Wiraphon Sukphon given 114-year sentence
- Top Chinese Buddhist monk sexually harassed nuns, investigators say
- Remains of 'handless monk' discovered on island of mystery
- Thai soccer team rescued from cave to become novice Buddhist monks
- A former Buddhist monk is trying to help the world relax with an app