James Corden is on a mission to help solve Hollywood's most pressing mystery: Who bit Beyonc-?
Corden enlisted the help of actress Helen Hunt to crack the case in a hilarious segment on Thursday's "The Late Late Show with James Corden."
In a parody sketch of CBS Evening News, Corden and Hunt played anchors who tossed to Ben Schwartz and Chris O'Dowd, both of whom were on deck to provide live shots and analysis on who bit the beloved Beyonc-. The sketch was rife with puns from Beyonc- songs as the four entertainers talked nonsense to each other.
Corden is the latest celebrity to have some fun with the #WhoBitBeyonc- mystery. TV mogul Ryan Murphy joked Tuesday about a potential new "American Crime Series" titled "Who Bit Beyonc-?"
Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar jokingly copped to the crime by posting a picture of herself with fangs on Instagram. "All right, I admit it," said Gellar, who starred in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." "It was me #TheBiter."
It all started when actress Tiffany Haddish revealed in an interview with GQ that someone had bitten Queen Bey at a party last December. Fans immediately went into overdrive with theories and hot takes on social media and #WhobitBeyonce began to trend.
Haddish has refused to name the actress and several of Hollywood's famous faces have come out to deny that they were the culprit, including Lena Dunham, Sara Foster and Sanaa Lathan.
Model and host Chrissy Teigen thought she cracked the case, but had to backpedal earlier this week. "Update it is NOT the person I think is the worst. IM DONE," she tweeted.
Beyonc-'s camp is still not commenting. For now, it remains one of Hollywood's ultimate unsolved mysteries.
- James Corden takes on the #WhoBitBeyonce mystery with Helen Hunt
- James Corden and wife welcome third child
- James Corden was briefly a Backstreet Boy
- Hollywood has fun with #WhoBitBeyonce
- James Corden has a bad case of pre-Grammy nerves
- James Corden's skydiving adventure with Tom Cruise is priceless
- James Corden calls out Bill Maher for fat-shaming segment
- James Corden does 'Airpool Karaoke' with Kanye West
- #WhoBitBeyonce: What you need to know
- Ariana Grande and James Corden's musical ode to 'Titanic' is an ocean of emotion