A 2-year-old girl died at a north Louisiana RV park overnight after a large tree crushed the RV in which she was sleeping.
According to the Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office, it happened about 12:30 a.m. Saturday at Hill Crest Mobile Home & RV Park on Highway 80 in Haughton.
A large tree fell on a recreational vehicle around 12:30 a.m. Saturday where the girl was sleeping. Four adults and a 15-month old also in the RV at the time were not injured.
The same weather to blame for the 2-year-old's death is moving into the New Orleans metro Saturday.
The strong line of storms could produce wind gusts of up to 70 mph, up to quarter-sized hail, and a few tornadoes. We could also see two-four inches of rain.
- Tree falls on RV, killing 2-year-old in north Louisiana
- 2-year-old dies after mirror falls on her at Payless
- Toddler, grandmother killed when tree falls on camper
- Tariffs threaten America's booming RV industry
- 2-year-old drowns in pool
- Louisiana teacher's arrest shows a broken system
- Family: 2-year-old dies after dental appointment
- India slaps PwC with 2-year audit ban
- Vigil held for murdered 2-year-old
- 'Zombie RV' causes concern for NE Vancouver residents