The funeral for Aretha Franklin will be held August 31 in Detroit, according to the singer's publicist, Gwendolyn Quinn.
The service, for family and friends, will be held at 10 a.m. ET that day at Greater Grace Temple.
Public viewings will be held August 28 and 29 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit, Quinn said.
Franklin will be entombed at Woodlawn Cemetery in Detroit.
The legendary soul singer died Thursday from advanced pancreatic cancer. She was 76.
- How Aretha Franklin demanded respect
- Aretha Franklin Fast Facts
- Mourinho: "Respect, respect, respect man!"
- Aretha Franklin talks artists she likes (2014)
- Pastor reflects on Aretha Franklin's life
- Aretha Franklin in hospice care, source says
- Don Lemon breaks down singing Aretha Franklin
- Así pasó Aretha Franklin sus últimos días
- Obama honors Aretha Franklin with letter