Boxer Floyd Mayweather said Saturday a rematch of his famed 2015 fight with Manny Pacquiao will take place this year.
Mayweather posted a message on Instagram on Saturday saying, "I'm coming back to fight Manny Pacquiao this year. Another 9 figure pay day on the way."
Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
Sports and recreation
He also posted a picture of himself with Pacquiao at an event in Japan.
The pair first fought in a much-hyped match three years ago, when the unbeaten Mayweather came out on top. The Philippines' Pacquiao has been chasing a new fight ever since.
One of the wealthiest sportsmen ever, Mayweather, 41, retired from the ring after his victory over Conor McGregor a year ago.
In the Instagram video, Mayweather said: "I'm coming back in December."
- Mayweather says he will fight Pacquiao again
- Mayweather: Nasukawa fight is a special event
- Mayweather to fight kickboxer Nasukawa on New Year's Eve. But will he show up?
- Floyd Mayweather's bodyguard shot outside ritzy Atlanta hotel, police say
- Dana White tells Floyd Mayweather to call him
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. up for boxing bout with Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Floyd Mayweather distances himself from bout with Japanese kickboxer
- Mayweather pummels kickboxing opponent Nasukawa in first round TKO
- 'Only one king in the jungle': UFC's Khabib Nurmagomedov targets Mayweather bout
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. would 'get smashed' by Khabib Nurmagomedov, says UFC boss