Rosie O'Donnell is getting married, a representative for the actress confirmed Tuesday to CNN.
The wedding is "a long time in the future," O'Donnell said. "We both decided that that would be best."
The couple have been dating long distance since they began their relationship last year.
Rooney took to Instagram Monday night to post a photo of her engagement ring with the caption, "Y E S," alongside heart and ring emoji.
"She lives in Boston now, and I live here in New York. It's been a long-distance thing. It's been great," O'Donnell said, adding, "I think she's a wonderful woman."
O'Donnell most previously was married to Michelle Rounds, who died last year. O'Donnell has five children, Parker, 23, Blake, 18, Vivienne, 15, Chelsea, 21, and Dakota, 5.
- Rosie O'Donnell announces engagement
- Rosie O'Donnell: Trump is loathed in America
- Trump foe Rosie O'Donnell predicts big November turnout: 'People have just really had enough'
- The 'real' Rosie the Riveter dies at 96
- Toni Braxton: 'I'm engaged'
- The 'Bachelorette's' controversial engagement
- Singer Ed Sheeran is engaged
- Dave Chappelle photobombs engagement shoot
- Dave Chappelle photobombs engagement photos
- 'CBS This Morning' host Norah O'Donnell on sexual misconduct: 'This has to end'