Two very engagement-esque photos confirm: 26-year-old Olympian Sloane Stephens and her longtime boyfriend Jozy Altidore are tying the knot.
Stephens, the 2017 US Open tennis champion began dating Altidore, the 29-year-old striker for the US men's national team and Toronto FC, nearly three years ago.
The power couple announced their engagement Monday in short posts to their Instagram and Twitter accounts. The news immediately drew congratulations from a legion or renowned sports institutions.
The US Olympic Committee congratulated the two, who are both Olympians, on Twitter, adding on the Team USA website that their relationship began as "childhood friends growing up in Florida."
- Tennis star Sloane Stephens said 'forever yes' to soccer player Jozy Altidore
- Simona Halep to face Sloane Stephens in French Open final
- Simona Halep beats Sloane Stephens to win French Open and first major
- Japanese sponsor accused of 'whitewashing' tennis star Naomi Osaka
- Tennys Sandgren: US tennis player denies alt-right sympathies
- US Soccer stars 'confident' of winning gender discrimination lawsuit
- Corinne Dubreuil: Photographer to the tennis stars
- Peggy Lipton, star of 'Mod Squad' and 'Twin Peaks,' dead at 72
- Stephen Hawking Fast Facts
- Stephen Breyer Fast Facts