TENMILE, Ore. -- Deputies in Douglas County said a man lost his life after a crash in Tenmile. They said a woman was also taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office said they got a 911 call Thursday evening of a crash near Coos Bay Wagon Road and Reston Road. The caller said he took one of the victims to the Tenmile Store to meet emergency responders. It was reported that a second victim was unresponsive in the vehicle.
When deputies arrived, they said a 1992 Plymouth Voyager van was down a 50-foot embankment. They said the driver, Charles Cranford, was pronounced dead at the scene. The 54-year-old was from Lookingglass.
The 56-year-old passenger, Nanette Shaffer, was taken to Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg before being transferred to Sacred Heart Riverbend in Springfield. She is also from Lookingglass.
Officials are investigating the crash.
- Man injured in Tenmile shooting
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in Tenmile
- Deputies investigate murder in Tenmile
- Possible motive revealed in Tenmile homicide case
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault
- One dead, one injured in fiery crash
- Deputies say Tenmile shooting may have been self-defense
- Court documents reveal Tenmile stabbing victim's last moments
- Tenmile man dies in industrial accident near Winston
- 1 dead, 1 injured in crash on Hwy 42