SALEM, Ore. (AP) -- Police say one person died and another was injured after a shooting at a home in Salem.
Salem Police Department Lt. Treven Upkes says officers were sent to the home Tuesday afternoon after someone reported a possible shooting.
Upkes says officers found a woman with injuries who directed officers inside the home where a man had died from an apparent gunshot wound.
The woman was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Based on preliminary investigation, police say they do not believe the public is in danger.
No further information was released.
An investigation is ongoing.
- 1 dead, 1 injured after shooting at Salem home
- Pilot injured after crash-landing at airport near Salem
- Salem police investigate death of woman in Salem
- Salem's toxic water advisory extended
- Salem drinking water advisory lifted
- Salem man sentenced for crashing motor home into patrol cars
- Police shoot, wound 40-year-old suspect in Salem
- Judge denies bail for Salem man charged in bar shooting
- Oregon man gets life sentence in deadly Salem shooting
- One dead, one injured following shooting in Blodgett