ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A young man died in a crash on Highway 42 late Saturday night.
Oregon State Police said they were called out to the single vehicle crash near milepost 65 at 10:20 p.m.
They said 21-year-old Sharp Slaughter of Roseburg was driving westbound on Hwy 42, when for unknown reasons veered off the road and struck a power pole.
Slaughter sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A passenger in the BMW, Matthew Mendoza, was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
The eastbound lane of Hwy 42 was closed for about three hours following the crash.
- 1 dead, 1 injured in crash on Hwy 42
- Two injured when bus crashes on Hwy 99
- Hwy 101 crash kills one, seriously injures two others
- One dead, one injured in fiery crash
- One lane reopens after crash on Highway 42
- Hwy 99 crash sends 2 to hospital
- Wreck on Hwy. 126 closes highway, injures 3
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in Tenmile
- OSP responds to fatal crash on HWY 99
- ODOT works to remove crashed semi along Hwy. 58