SCIO, Ore. -- An 85-year-old man is dead after a crash near Scio Wednesday night, the Linn County Sheriff’s Office said.
Rescue personnel responded to Rodgers Mountain Loop at about 8:30 p.m. after a report of a pickup truck crashing into a tree.
Hilbert Elliott was pronounced dead on scene. The man’s 1999 Dodge Dakota pickup came to a rest next to the roadway after hitting the tree.
It’s not known at this time if the crash was caused by a medical event or driver error. There were no passengers, and no other vehicles were involved in the crash.
The Scio and Lebanon fire departments assisted.
The investigation is ongoing.
- One dead after truck crashes into tree near Scio
- Lebanon teen dies in crash on icy road outside Scio
- Driver hospitalized after crashing onto a tree
- Glendale man dies after crashing into tree
- Truck crashes into ditch after hitting bear
- One person injured in tanker truck crash
- One dead in Benton County crash
- One dead, one injured in fiery crash
- 2 dead in crash on Highway 99
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Car crashes into tree in Eugene