UPDATE: The 12-year-old boy suspected of murder has been identified as Harold Pinckney Jr.
He appeared in court for the first time Friday.
EUGENE, Ore. -- A 12-year-old boy suspected of murder appeared in court Friday at the Serbu Juvenile Justice Center.
During the hearing the boy’s mother told the judge that her son has mental health issues and that she had requested help in the past but received none.
KEZI has not yet confirmed the child’s name, and he did not speak in court. However, an attorney was appointed in the case.
The boy is accused of murdering Erma Burnell, 92, in her Creswell home on Monday.
He remains in custody.
This story will be updated soon. Check back for more details.
- 12-year-old suspect in Creswell murder identified
- Neighbors suspect murder in 92-year-old Creswell woman's death
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Officials identify 15-year-old who drowned near Creswell
- 12-year-old arrested in connection with 92-year-old Creswell woman's death
- Murder suspect identified in Aloha dismemberment case
- Murder victim identified
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs