Photo Gallery 1 Images
CORVALLIS, Ore. - Two million dollars was donated to Oregon State University to build a new concert hall.
A West Linn family donated the money on behalf of the late Lynne Detrick to allow for more intimate music performances on campus.
"She cared deeply about making the arts accessible to everyone, and she was determined OSU would have facilities that match the excellence of our music program," said Larry Rodgers, dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
The university is expanding the LaSells Stewart Center by building an arts and education complex. The complex is expected to open in 2022.
The new concert hall is expected to seat 400 to 600 people. The school hopes it will become the primary space for public performances and double as a classroom.
The new concert hall will be named the Lynne Detrick Hall.
- $2 million donated to build new concert hall at OSU
- OSU receives multi-million dollar donation
- OSU College of Forestry builds new facility
- UCC names building replacing Snyder Hall
- OSU finds cause of panel failure during Peavy Hall construction
- Three buildings on OSU campus to be renamed
- OSU holds meeting to discuss new names for buildings
- OSU announces new names for 3 buildings after controversy
- OSU hosts annual 'Great Move Out Donation Drive'
- Web Extra: Scott Barnes, Cory Hall on Gary Andersen Leaving OSU