EUGENE, Ore. -- After record-setting snow last winter, we are looking at a normal winter.
The ENSO oscilation is in neutral, which means we will likely have near-normal temperatures and near normal rainfall.
Five of our top 10 snowiest winters have been ENSO neutral winters. So this year we'll likely have two to three snow/ice events down to the valley floors. Most events will be minor, but we could see a storm that brings us good snowfall if everything comes together.
2019 WINTER FORECAST: LOOKING BACK AT A HISTORIC SNOWSTORM
2019 WINTER FORECAST: LONGER FIRE SEASONS EXPECTED TO BE NEW NORM
2019 WINTER FORECAST: OREGON TSUNAMI THREAT
- 2019 Winter Forecast: What to expect this winter
- 2019 Winter Forecast: Oregon tsunami threat
- 2019 Winter Forecast: Longer fire seasons expected to be new norm
- 2019 Winter Forecast: Looking back at a historic snowstorm
- Winter Weather Advisories
- PHOTOS: Winter Storm, Feb. 25
- Communities recovering after winter storm
- NOAA's 2019 winter forecast shows it will likely be warmer
- Expect a 'Polar Coaster' and really cold temperatures this winter, the Farmers' Almanac says
- In The Garden: Winterize your lawn