EUGENE, Ore. -- The 27th annual Eugene and Springfield LGBTQ Pride Festival was celebrated at Alton Baker Park on Saturday.
The event features live entertainment, food and vendors.
The sponsors had tents and sold pride memorabilia.
The Vice President of the Pride Project, Vince Mays, believes this event has a positive effect on the community as a whole.
"This is a time when our community gets together and not only stands up and supports who we are, but also celebrates who we are,” Mays said.
There was a suggested $5 donation at the entrance of the festival which Mays said goes to help pay for next year’s pride event.
- 27th annual Pride Festival celebrated Saturday
- Community celebrated Willamette River at festival Saturday
- Hundreds attend annual Tree Lighting Celebration
- YMCA holds their annual Silent Saturday
- 49th Annual Saturday Market opens this weekend
- Annual Whiteaker Block Party was held Saturday
- 25th annual Festival of Trees is back in Eugene
- McKenzie River Lavender hosts 11th annual Lavender Festival
- 34th annual Oregon Asian Celebration set for this weekend
- Third annual UpStream Art Installation held in Springfield Saturday