MARION COUNTY, Ore. -- Three people are dead and 10 injured after a crash Friday on Cordon Road NE near Salem.
At approximately 7:23 p.m. deputies with the Marion County Sheriff's Office responded to calls of a serious collision.
When emergency services arrived at the scene, they found a collision involving a Ford F-350 truck and a Chevy passenger van.
A total of 13 people were discovered in the van. Of the 13, 3 were pronounced as deceased at the scene, 2 are in critical condition.
The driver of the truck was transported to the hospital for injuries.
The initial investigation indicates the driver of the truck was traveling westbound on Sunnyview Road NE prior to the crash.
The van was traveling eastbound and made a left hand turn in front of the truck, which resulted in the collision.
Additional investigations will be conducted over the coming days.
Both drivers involved in the collision are cooperating with investigators.
This is an ongoing investigation, no additional information regarding the events leading up to the crash are available for release at this time.
The identities of the deceased passengers will be released after family have been notified.
Marion County Deputies were assisted by Salem Police Department, Marion County Fire Department, Marion County Public Works and the Marion County District Attorney’s Office.
Stay with KEZI 9 news for updates.
- 3 dead, 10 hospitalized in Marion County crash
- Troopers identify children killed in Marion County crash
- Marion County scales back curbside recycling
- Marion County deputies investigating suspicious death
- Marion County confirms 2nd measles diagnosis
- Marion County rejects hemp drying facility application
- UPDATE: Barricaded man hospitalized after SWAT standoff in Marion
- Driver arrested after hit and run crash with school bus in Marion County
- One arrested in Marion County for making school threat
- Three California men face charges out of Marion County