EUGENE, Ore. -- The 40th annual Senior Holiday dinner was held by Lane County Human services on Christmas day.
Organizers said hundreds of seniors attend the event each year.
The dinner consists of a three-course turkey dinner, musical performances and dancing.
Organizers said this can be a tough time for seniors who feel isolated this time of the year. They said this event can brighten their spirits.
Ron and Geri Meyers attended this year's dinner for the first time, and said they did so in memory of family who recently passed.
"This is an opportunity for us to celebrate what our aged cousins enjoyed," Ron said.
"In their memory," Geri said. "They're gone now, so it just kind of reminds me of Em and Mary."
The event was held at the Hilton in downtown Eugene from noon to 3 p.m.
- 40th annual Senior Holiday Dinner held on Christmas Day
- Eugene Library prepares for 40th annual book sale
- PeaceHealth reunites NICU nurses and families in 40th annual celebration
- Christmas Day workers spread holiday cheer
- Preparations underway for annual 'Whiteaker Thanksgiving Dinner'
- Eugene Mission serves Christmas dinner for hundreds
- Second annual Veterans Day Ruck held in Eugene
- Annual Whiteaker Block Party was held Saturday
- Fifth annual Safety Fair held in Springfield