EUGENE, Ore. -- The 41st annual model railroad show returned to Valley River Center this weekend.
The event is hosted by Willamette Cascade Model railroad club and Oregon Electric O'Gaugers and their mission is to just share the joy of the hobby with young and old alike.
Willamette Cascade Model railroad club is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and president Lee Temple said this event shows how important trains were to our national history and making
"We do that by showing models and trains and engines from past eras and we come here and set up each year and answer questions about the hobby of model railroading which was what we promote," said Temple
Temple said the reaction from people is pure wonder as they see the different models.
He also said they love sharing their enthusiasm with the community and are always looking for new members to join.
- 41st annual model railroad show rolls into Valley River Center
- Valley River Center announces major overhaul
- Shots fired at Valley River Center
- Bowling alley rolls into former Gottschalks space at Valley River Center
- Police: Man at Valley River Center pulls gun on teenagers
- Eugene hosts 3rd annual Willamette River Festival
- Valley River Inn under new ownership
- Two face theft charges after being arrested at Valley River Center
- People on alert after two brazen incidents near Valley River Center
- McGrath's Fish House closes at Valley River Center after 28 years