EUGENE, Ore. -- Celebrate the Day of the Dead at BRING Recycling.
BRING Recycling, Centro Latino Americano, and Lane Arts Center are hosting a skull crafting workshop to celebrate Dia de los Muertos.
On Saturday, participants will be able to learn more about the Mexican holiday while decorating skulls made from up-cycled materials. Organizers want to make people more culturally aware about the tradition that dates back to the 17th century.
"This was a way to incorporate the art that BRING embraces and also that mixing of cultures and supporting the Latino community as well," said Carolyn Stein, Executive Director.
The workshop is free but they are asking for a $2 to $5 donation per person for the cost of materials.
The thrifty and creative event will be on Saturday, October 14 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Skull crafting workshop to honor Dia de los Muertos
- Free herbalism workshop held Sunday
- Portland officer hit with pipe sustained fractured skull
- Teen urges helmet use after crashing scooter, fracturing skull
- Composting workshops coming up in Santa Clara
- Workshops held for River Road community members
- Workshop in Eugene discussed teens and social media
- Composting workshop teaches people to recycle food waste
- Free composting workshop set for Saturday in Eugene
- Free workshop on 'lasagna' gardening set for Saturday