YONCALLA, Ore. - For fire prevention week, firefighters from North Douglas County Fire visited grades K-6 at Yoncalla Elementary.
They taught the kids about this week's theme: "Two Ways Out." This meant the kids knew to use either a door or a window in case of an emergency.
They even brought their friend Sparky along to get the kids excited.
The firefighters encouraged the children to go home and talk to their parents about what kind of plan they have in place if an emergency ever is to happen.
They'll be visited North Douglas Elementary on Wednesday morning.
- North Douglas County Fire brings fire safety to Yoncalla Elementary
- Double house fire under investigation in Yoncalla
- Trailer fire leaves Yoncalla couple without home
- Six fires burning along I-5 in north Douglas County
- North Douglas Elementary School declares whooping cough outbreak
- Douglas County fire hydrant maintenance and flushing
- Jerry's brings fire safety to Lane County residents
- Yoncalla elects 18-year-old in mayor race
- Man brings gun into the Douglas County Justice Building
- Nearly $100,000 will bring more CTE programs to Douglas County