FLORENCE, Ore. -- A fire crew from the Siuslaw Valley Fire and Rescue have left for northern California.
Three firefighters and one engine left on October 10 with the Lane County Strike team.
Officials said this is the first time the station has sent an engine to help fight a regional fire.
Crews are expected to return in 16 days.
- Siuslaw Valley firefighters sent to battle California wildfires
- Crews battle boat fire on Siuslaw River
- Lane County firefighters continue to battle Southern California wildfires
- Oregon firefighters helping at California wildfires
- Threat found at Siuslaw Middle School
- Hundreds of Oregon firefighters battling California blazes
- Siuslaw School District issues warning after attempted abduction
- Oregon firefighters return after fighting Alaska wildfires
- 11,000 people have been forced to evacuate as firefighters battle wildfires in Canada
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire