SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Crews with the Eugene-Springfield Fire has made it to California to help fight the devastating wildfires.
A task force leader and two brush rigs arrived as part of an Oregon task force providing extra resources to help with the raging wildfires.
KEZI 9 News spoke with Dan Wallace of Mohawk Valley Fire who is in Santa Rosa about this year's horrific fire season.
"Yes, this is the worst season they've had in probably history down here and in Oregon as well," said Wallace. "It's going to get handled. We're doing the best we can to support the people down here as well as they supported us up north this fire season."
Crews are working 24-hour shifts to try to control the fast-moving fire.
- Eugene-Springfield fire crews arrive in Santa Rosa
- Western Oregon strike teams head back home from Santa Rosa
- Fire crews battle field fire in Springfield
- Crews respond to fire at Springfield Albertsons
- Eugene Springfield Fire introduces PulsePoint app
- Fire crews put out Springfield mobile home fire
- Fire protection rating improves for Eugene-Springfield Fire Department
- Eugene Springfield Fire Department gets new fire truck
- Disney's 'The Lion King' arrives in Eugene
- Crews extinguish fire at International Paper in Springfield