EUGENE, Ore. -- A man is facing charges after police said he reached for his gun during a traffic stop.
Eugene police said an officer stopped a vehicle in the east parking lot of South Eugene High School at about 11 a.m.
They said the officer discovered James Doyle Weaver had a concealed weapon but didn't have a carrying permit.
At some point, Weaver reached towards the gun, forcing the officer to draw his gun.
South Eugene High School was put on lockout.
Weaver was arrested on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm. He was also cited for speeding.
- Gun arrest forces South Eugene High School into Lockout
- Multiple fires inside South Eugene High School force evacuation
- Police chase in south Eugene forces two schools on lockdown
- South Eugene High School changes name of athletic teams
- Man sentenced for sex abuse outside South Eugene High School
- South Eugene High School ranks No. 1 in the state
- North Eugene High School celebrates Decision Day
- South Albany High School may change mascot
- Threat found at South Umpqua High School
- Fire forces Eugene barbecue restaurant to close